Content is the backbone of any effort to interact with customers. Content speaks directly to the audience and encourages dialogue. Content remains the best way to connect with your customers. But not all content is equal.
Quality over quantity: Quality content educates and triggers a response to engage. Quality content fosters loyalty and trust. Quality content helps your audience/customers solve their problems. Sharing content that doesn’t add value, or that’s poorly produced, does a disservice to your content marketing efforts and to your brand.
Producing quality content may seem daunting. Creating quality content takes time and skill. It takes insight, patience, and a bit of luck. To help, there’s a simple ‘life hack’ – REPURPOSE. Find new ways to ‘recycle’ your content.
Repurposing content has numerous benefits. People have their own personal preferences in how they digest information. Some prefer visual, whereas others like text. By repurposing your content for different mediums, you are increasing the content’s appeal to more audiences and extending your reach.
When you put in the time and effort to produce a piece, chances are you are incredibly proud of it and want to leverage it as much as possible. Repurposing content gives you the opportunity for additional sharing and promotion of the piece. Repurposing maximizes your efforts.
Here are 10 genius ways to repurpose content:
- Repurpose a successful webinar into video tutorials
- Turn blogs into guides or a whitepaper
- Take internal data and turn it into a case study
- Transcribe an interview into an advice eBook or print piece like a ‘Top 10 lessons learned’ list
- Share visual content like pictures from presentations over social media
- Create an infographic out of a slide show (or vice versa)
- Post interesting statistics over Twitter
- Transform field tour information into ‘guides’ (print or digital)
- Record a product demonstration into a video ‘show and tell’
- Remodel weekly check-in calls with remote staff to a podcast discussing topical issues
Got anymore ideas? Comment on this post and let us know!