Stories. Innovation. Impact.
Roll up Your Sleeves and Work With Us
We’re looking for creative individuals with a passion for agriculture, seed and storytelling. If we’re describing you, please send us an email.
Client Services Manager
Location: Home-based/Winnipeg, Man.
Seed World CREATE is a full-service consultancy that was built with the purpose of helping seed companies and organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We have been working with global clients from Europe, Africa, North America, South America and Asia since 1991.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized project manager with demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing and building client relationships.
Core skills required are:
- Strong communicator, with excellent written, verbal and listening skills, who is able to build successful relationships
- Critical thinker who is resourceful and willing to adapt and seek the best solution to a problem.
- Sales call set up, meeting preparation and presentation set up; utilizing research, phone and email to connect with clients and potential clients.
- Projects confidence, can navigate questions and challenging situations on the spot and can provide solid rationales for recommendations made throughout the project.
- Familiar with common best practices in relation to website design and development, SEM, SEO and other digital marketing tools (email and social media).
- Experienced with running projects of all sizes, confident with various project management methodologies and making project plans.
- Able to take ownership of increasingly complex projects with minimal guidance.
- Detail-oriented and has a knack for predicting issues before they arise.
- Understanding of the power of data and digital metrics and how to make this information meaningful to customers.
- High proficiency with MS Office and other presentation tools
- Knowledge of common web CMS, like WordPress preferred with basic editing capabilities
- Proficiency with Google Analytics is an asset.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Commitment to an enjoyable, respectful, positive, fun and successful work environment
- Must be well organized and able to juggle competing priorities
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to handle pressure well
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business Administration or Marketing degree with minimum 3-years of experience in a business development role
- Additional marketing, communications or agricultural experience is an asset
The Client Services Manager reports to the Vice President, Client Services.
Live and work with integrity for ourselves, our clients, our team and our community.
The freelance writer will contribute to and support the content of the Issues Ink Media properties – both print and digital (website and newsletters) as well as completing content assignments for our customer facing arm CREATE by Issues Ink. This includes but is not limited to story pitches, research, writing and proofing. The ideal candidate will possess web-writing experience, be able to produce multiple articles per week and consistently meet deadlines. The candidate should be able to conduct the research necessary to produce accurate, informative pieces.
This role will report to the editors of our seed- and potato-focused properties. We strongly encourage our freelance partners to engage in a two-way dialogue with our editorial team with the goal of building mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Experience in agriculture journalism – preference given to writers with seed and crop production knowledge
- Strategic thinking
- Proven ability to write feature stories in a journalistic voice
- Baseline knowledge of content marketing
- Ability to handle pressure and function under tight deadlines
- Organized, self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to identify key industry issues and create questions to draw out information
- Familiarity with Canadian Press and Associated Press style guidelines helpful