Stories. Innovation. Impact.
Roll up Your Sleeves and Work With Us
We’re looking for creative individuals with a passion for agriculture, seed and storytelling. If we’re describing you, please send us an email.
Client Services Manager
Location: Home-based/Winnipeg, Man.
Seed World CREATE is a full-service consultancy that was built with the purpose of helping seed companies and organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We have been working with global clients from Europe, Africa, North America, South America and Asia since 1991.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized project manager with demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing and building client relationships.
Core skills required are:
- Strong communicator, with excellent written, verbal and listening skills, who is able to build successful relationships
- Critical thinker who is resourceful and willing to adapt and seek the best solution to a problem.
- Sales call set up, meeting preparation and presentation set up; utilizing research, phone and email to connect with clients and potential clients.
- Projects confidence, can navigate questions and challenging situations on the spot and can provide solid rationales for recommendations made throughout the project.
- Familiar with common best practices in relation to website design and development, SEM, SEO and other digital marketing tools (email and social media).
- Experienced with running projects of all sizes, confident with various project management methodologies and making project plans.
- Able to take ownership of increasingly complex projects with minimal guidance.
- Detail-oriented and has a knack for predicting issues before they arise.
- Understanding of the power of data and digital metrics and how to make this information meaningful to customers.
- High proficiency with MS Office and other presentation tools
- Knowledge of common web CMS, like WordPress preferred with basic editing capabilities
- Proficiency with Google Analytics is an asset.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Commitment to an enjoyable, respectful, positive, fun and successful work environment
- Must be well organized and able to juggle competing priorities
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to handle pressure well
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business Administration or Marketing degree with minimum 3-years of experience in a business development role
- Additional marketing, communications or agricultural experience is an asset
The Client Services Manager reports to the Vice President, Client Services.
Live and work with integrity for ourselves, our clients, our team and our community.
Business Development Representative
Seed World Group is focused on propelling the global seed sector to help feed the world’s growing population by delivering growth focused marketing and communications solutions.
A division of Seed World Group, Seed World Media is comprised of five core media properties that each have event, multimedia, digital and print components designed to serve the global seed sector. With highly sought after, issues-based content our audiences trust Seed World Media to deliver business critical information and insights on the seed industry.
We are looking for a high energy and dynamic Business Development Representative (BDR) to support our top performing account executive team. The position will be remote.
WHY JOIN US?
We offer a great base salary and aggressive performance bonuses. You can make top dollar in this role and … have a ton of fun doing it. We’ve got a casual and fun culture that encourages collaboration, personal growth and work-life balance.
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED.
- We offer professional development support
- We’ll equip you with all the tools you’ll need for an at home work environment
- Health and dental benefits
- Profit sharing
- Making a set number of calls per day to build and manage lead development pipeline
- Prospect into multiple organizations via cold-calling, networking, e-mail/e-marketing, and utilizing Internet information sources – LinkedIn experience is essential
- Articulate the company’s value proposition to decision-makers to assess buying interest.
- Promote advertising and marketing solutions with various management levels and professionals in the agriculture industry
- Achieve or exceed goals for meetings booked, presentations given and discovery calls on a weekly basis.
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospects
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Seed World Media’s key properties – and clearly articulate benefits and advantages to prospective customers
- Provide a weekly activity report to management
- Proactively continue company, product and competitive product and market knowledge via website, on-line webinars, and training information
- Social Media Monitoring: Engaging with social media platforms, researching topics and sharing information with individuals responsible for marketing and advertising within their company
- Efficiently use our CRM (Ad Sales Genius)
Our Business Development Rep reports to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing and is a key part of the business development team.
Live with respect and do the right thing for our clients, our team and our community.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Seed World Media is comprised of five core media properties that each have event, multimedia, digital and print components designed to serve the global seed sector. With highly sought after, issues-based content our audiences trust Seed World Media to deliver business critical information and insights on the seed industry.
The Editorial Director (ED) is the champion of content creation with focus on digital first content delivery and leading editorial initiatives/projects across our seed focused properties. A team leader, the ED’s role is to help maintain our publications’ reputation as the leading source of information for the global seed industry through thought leadership and maintaining connections to the industry. In addition to project management and acting as a resource to the team, this position will also produce feature articles for all our seed properties.
The ED will have experience in agriculture (preferably seed sector knowledge) and journalism with an aptitude for strategic thinking and idea development.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following key roles and tasks:
- Assist in the content strategy for all Seed World, Germination, European Seed and Alberta Seed Guide channels
- Ensure that the publications’ content offerings stand out in an increasingly fragmented and competitive information universe
- Think “outside the box” as it relates to content solutions
- Maintain an understanding and knowledge of key issues in the global seed industry
- In collaboration with the editors, plan the editorial calendars and design story lineups for all issues
- Proven ability to write feature stories in a lively and engaging journalistic voice
- Support the collection and editing of content for weekly press releases and newsletters under tight deadlines
- Liaise with editorial advisory board members and industry leaders as needed
- Attend industry events, conferences and tradeshows as needed
- Build and maintain relevance on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with Associated Press, Canadian Press and European Commission English Style Guides
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in communications, journalism and/or agriculture, or demonstrable equivalent in experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a media capacity
- Additional media and/or agriculture education or experience is an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including sources, internal staff and industry leaders
- Must be able to identify key industry issues and create thought-provoking questions to draw out information
- Commitment to an enjoyable, positive and successful work environment
- Must be well organized
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize
Live and work with integrity for our clients, our team, our community and ourselves.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter via email to Michelle Clarke – Managing Editor – . We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The freelance writer will contribute to and support the content of the Issues Ink Media properties – both print and digital (website and newsletters) as well as completing content assignments for our customer facing arm CREATE by Issues Ink. This includes but is not limited to story pitches, research, writing and proofing. The ideal candidate will possess web-writing experience, be able to produce multiple articles per week and consistently meet deadlines. The candidate should be able to conduct the research necessary to produce accurate, informative pieces.
This role will report to the editors of our seed- and potato-focused properties. We strongly encourage our freelance partners to engage in a two-way dialogue with our editorial team with the goal of building mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Experience in agriculture journalism – preference given to writers with seed and crop production knowledge
- Strategic thinking
- Proven ability to write feature stories in a journalistic voice
- Baseline knowledge of content marketing
- Ability to handle pressure and function under tight deadlines
- Organized, self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to identify key industry issues and create questions to draw out information
- Familiarity with Canadian Press and Associated Press style guidelines helpful